Our promise to you as is that we will only use your data to help us provide the right support for our members and event attendees
- We will always protect your data as if it is our own
- We will always respect your choices on what we do with your data and how we contact you
- We will only keep your data as long as necessary
EUConsult is committed to respecting your privacy, the privacy of every visitor to our website and all of our members and event attendees.
The information we collect about you will be used to fulfil the required services and enable us to improve how EUConsult supports its members and deals with external event attendees.
We keep data for the furtherance of our Association’s aims.
We hold and process personal data for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of our members, their subscriptions, other donations and actions taken by our wider supporters including our communications with them
- To make offers of membership and invite people to become involved in our work and projects
- To send our members and supporters marketing information about our events and other activities where we have their consent or are otherwise allowed to
- To fulfil contractual obligations entered into with supporters and funders
- To meet wider legal obligations such as those of grant funders
- To support members to run events and projects, and collaborate
- To meet our legal reporting duties
- To track those who attend our events as external event attendees or as members.
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted.
Our website and the Association’s outputs are available to all in line with our articles of association. Our members also share their professional identities, engage in networking, exchange knowledge and find opportunities at events and through our website.
Should you have a question about the data we store, our contact details are:
The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully (in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, Netherlands). All data is retained in Germany, or transferred only to ‘third countries’ where ‘adequacy of protection’ or specific certification as defined by The GDPR has been confirmed.
This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside EUConsult, EUConsult Italia or companies that EUConsult has established a partnership or trading relationship with for the express purpose of providing a benefit to its members.
We expect the information we hold to be accurate and up to date. You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make changes if necessary; you also have the right, assuming we are not obligated by law to refuse, to ask us to stop using the information. To have your information removed or rectified, please contact email@example.com.
The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us includes:
- Your name
- Organisation and position
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Survey responses from events attended
- Membership Survey responses
- Information for system logs such as IP addresses and other communication data
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include membership fees or subscriptions, event registration fees, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require the information above in order for us to deal with you as a member and/or event attendee in an efficient and effective manner.
We need to maintain your information to provide membership support and customer support, subscription history, event attendance history, prevention of fraud and analytics information.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on either:
- For membership communication and information if you are a member of EUConsult; or/and
- Your specific consent for general information and communication that we have requested at the time of sign up, or that you explicitly volunteered
We will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
Unless we are precluded from doing so by law, you have the right to remove your consent at any time via the unsubscribe link included on all emails we send, or by contacting us and requesting that processing of your details be restricted or deleted.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
EUConsult takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
EUConsult uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of Data, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Data.
If you have a concern about how we handle your data, or you would like to lodge a complaint, you may do so by contacting the Dutch DPA (Autoritiet Persoonsgegevens).